Sunday, April 25, 2010

"I'm nearly home"

was Mark Ashton's last words. It shocked me to learn of his passing on 3 Apr 2010 at the end of an article he wrote. Read the article with lots of "Amen brother!" and to be hit with news of his passing at the end made my Amens stop and a sadness sinking in, yet a smile to the Lord for taking Mark home. Made me also want to be home too, as I think of a friend E who passed away in 2001, at the age of 33 years old. I saw her on Saturday night as we read the bible together, and she passed away the next day, Sunday. A common friend M said E must be having a good time now being with our Lord Jesus. I miss E! She challenged me, she annoyed me, she was scary sometimes, she had a humour only some could take, I miss E! Christians are all on their way home, I want to be home, and see E and Mark again, so it would be "see you", rather than "bye", only because Jesus will gather all of us together.

Hopes everyone will read Mark's article, it truly reminds of what reality is. And for those who aren't believers, to consider the hope which Jesus brings, Jesus who has resurrected and is alive and will return to set all things right here on earth!

Newspaper article here on Mark.

No comments: