Sunday, October 10, 2010

One thing I want in this life

is for my Dad to be saved by Jesus (at this moment in time). Jesus, who ascended into heaven and descended from heaven, the only one whom my Dad needs to listen to about heaven, the only one my Dad needs to believe in, the only one who can reconcile my Dad to God whom he ignores and push away or pretend He's not there.

Oh! What I would give to see my Dad believing in Jesus before he dies.

Heart is in pain. Heart grieves. It's too painful.

It's so urgent!

Not sure how to face the day, if there will be a day and I'm hoping there won't be, but yet seeing my Dad's stubbornness, I might have to face the day where my Dad passes away without believing in Jesus. It's too painful. Really too painful. Can there not be any pain?

I can't change hearts. Can only trust in God who changes hearts. With man, saving ourselves is impossible, but with God, being saved by him is not impossible. It is possible with God who sent Jesus to die for our sins and reconcile us back to himself. It's never to perish, but to have eternal life. Never to die, never to cry, never to be in pain, never, never...

I love my Dad. God knows I love my Dad. God loves my Dad. God is really really patient with my Dad. I love my Dad. I don't want my Dad to just perish. To just think, once he dies, he'll just be ashes. I want my Dad to live. I want my Dad to have eternal life, a reconciled relationship with God (his Creator) through Jesus Christ.

John 3:9-15
9Nicodemus said to him, "How can these things be?" 10Jesus answered him, "Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things? 11Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you do not receive our testimony. 12If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man. 14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.

1 comment:

Lee Peng said...

We will be praying with you on this matter.

I came across this song. Maybe you can share it with your dad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V40HJPG7xGk&feature=related