Monday, August 31, 2009

121 with Dad

enjoying those times with Dad, just him and me having a meal or going to sinseh (chinese physicians) or museums. Even though he talks loudly on his mobile like those coffeeshop ah-pehs ("uncles"), even though he wears his mismatch blue slippers with dark trousers, even though his front teeth has cracked and refuses to get it repaired, even though he uses toothpicks after meals to clear food residue in-between teeth, even though he sometimes behaves like a gangster and sounds like he wants to fight, even though he has aged alot and prone to falls, even though he gets excited about explaining to me technical engineering details which I don't understand, I'm still happy he's my Dad, strangely. Please pray for the Lord to be merciful and gracious to my Dad, to open his eyes that Dad will repent and turn to the Lord. Still think there's a niche ministry amongst those in their 70s, making friends with those who sit in coffeeshops, who talk about anything and everything happening under the sun. Through Dad, I get to know his friends' lives (what they used to work as, their family's makeup, etc) and what they do with their time and talk about. Asking the Lord to provide a christian friend to befriend my Dad.

No comments: