Thursday, January 21, 2010

Angel Hair with Spicy Shrimp

is what I decided to experiment just because I read from a blogger about Real Simple website. If a blogger parent (a male) with a young baby can whip up something quick and easy using Real Simple recipe, then it should be something to look into. =)

So, I got excited, spotting a recipe using Angel Hair pasta which I had some remnants and needed to finish. And looking at how easy the recipe was, I went ahead and bought the ingredients I didn't have. Changed recipe abit, as I didn't know some of the stuff it had. Have never really cooked a pasta dish which I was satisfied with, but I think this may be another full proof dish like my tiramisu! woo-hoo!

Only questions left in my mind were...
"are shrimps the same as prawns?"
"is red pepper the same as red capsicum?"
"why did adding butter make the restaurant pasta taste achievable?"
"should cooking white wine be totally void of alcohol? or should some alcohol remain?"
"will cooking on skillet and a pot achieve different result?"
"is kosher salt the same as just normal salt?"
Ok, need to google for answers.

Serves 4 Hands-On Time: 15m Total Time: 15m

Ingredients

  • 3/4 pound angel hair pasta
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 packet frozen peeled prawn, thawed
  • 3/4 cup dry white wine
  • 1/4 teaspoon diced red pepper
  • salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter

Directions

  1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
  2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute (do not let it brown). Add the prawn, wine, red pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Simmer until the prawns are opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the butter until melted.
  3. Toss the pasta with the prawn mixture.

Time to get friends over to try...

No comments: