Thursday, January 14, 2010

Babysitting for friends

was triggered when a friend asked if I could help her with her kid in 2001. And she said she just needs someone in the house so when there's fire, just grab kid and run. She also said she'll write out instructions of what to do if kid cries or anything, which helped my logical mind to be able to cope with any situation thrown at me.

From then onwards, another friend could have heard from this friend and all of them/mums had a pool of resource/help when babysitting need arose.

That's how it all started.

It has been a most helpful learning and journeying with friends who became mums and struggling along each step and also sharing the moments of joy in their lives. Had they not included me in their lives and trusted the Lord with their kid's lives in the hands other than their own, things would have been different. I might not have known their struggles, they would be struggling quite abit by themselves, no dates with husbands, I wouldn't know I could calm a child who got injured by giving water to the child to manage the pain, etc.

Thank you Lord for friends who trust you, share their struggles of motherhood, and know that their children are in their temporal care for now but ultimately belong to you in the end.

No comments: