Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My dear single friends,

we need relationships yar. Please don't exist by yourself, although you might have gotten used to it and working at relationships (whether family or friendships) requires effort and a vulnerability, but for those who believe in Jesus, our security is in what he has done for us and for God sending Jesus to bring us back in relationship to himself, no longer enemies with him, no longer just plain ignoring him or pretending he's not there.

We were made for relationships and with the greatest relationship with God being reconciled, all other relationships will then draw strength and lots of wisdom and crying to our Lord and checking of ourselves, watching our lives and our doctrine, confessing and repenting, and starting again ya.

Relationships will sharpen you as we encourage and admonish each other, building each other up in godliness, challenging each other in the way we live our lives in view of our gospel priorities and to become more like Jesus and all together, waiting and looking forward to Jesus' return where all will recognise and bow their knee to him.

To my married friends who have included me in your family life just by letting me veg at your place, including me in your family meals, asking me to help you with babysitting or run errands or just hang out, really appreciate it. Showed me how marrieds & singles would be in God's family. Sharing your married/parenthood struggles with me and I sharing my singlehood/caring for aging parents struggles with you, and us praying for each other, is really precious and treasured!! Thanking the Lord for you all =)

No comments: