Sunday, July 25, 2010

Reunion

20 years later...amazing! 7 tables, 70 girls in total, some married, some singles, some with kids, some divorced, some remarried, some caring for aged parents, etc. All same age, and so much has happened in our lives since leaving school, but strangely, being together, brought me back to school days where all of us were the same, just a teenager and enjoying our school days. How interesting that after chatting with some, I remember what they were like in school days and seeing them now, though some have changed visually, they are still them! Told V that she's really V. hehe! I think their look and me remembering what they were like in school days, didn't seem to click until I had a longer chat with them.

All the usual questions came up, but the one I had different responses was "What are you doing now?". My diff responses were "I'm standing here talking to you?", "Do you mean work-wise or family-wise?". At one point, wanted to ask "Do you still believe in God? Do you know Jesus? Or are you adverse Christianity?"since you were in a mission school where every Monday was chapel and listening to message by the chaplain.

Just struck me that as a teenager, our personalities really stay with us until adulthood. The different routes, choices we make, ends up with us being the way we are and how we look at things. Pray that my dear school friends who aren't believers yet, will come to know Jesus and believe in him, just cos at the name of Jesus, every knee will bow in heaven, on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father (Phil 2: 5-11). Pray that those who are believers, will keep walking his ways, waiting and looking forward to Jesus' return!

No comments: