Wednesday, July 14, 2010

my mum

has expressed that she wants me to spend more time on my painting/art and music, rather than learning to cook dishes. Maybe she has a secret wish I'll be an artist or musician, but being typical asian parent, she wanted me to be an accountant or some other kind of professional when I was growing up. And because she has always cooked for the family, she doesn't want me to cook, even though she has taught me how to cook so that when she's not at home, I can do it myself. My mum's funny! You have to laugh because if I had pursued art and music, and not earning enough to even pay my bills, she might not have encouraged it.

Sometimes I do tell her that isn't it far better to know that her children are saved by the Lord rather than what profession they're in or what education they pursue or whether they're getting themselves married? She say yes, but really it isn't her total heart's desire. Anyway, all will be revealed when Jesus returns.

No comments: