Friday, October 19, 2007

burst pipe

wow! On Fri, 12 Oct, as I came back from school, the buses and vehicles were diverted and streets were extremely quiet. At first, thought maybe there was some bomb scare. Got abit cautious of my environment as I quickly tried to get home.

Nearer home, noticed some road construction with a big hole in the road. Was saying to myself, I'll be amazed if they diverted such huge load of traffic just to do road construction. Recognising that in my past experience, 3-day tube strikes do happen with inconvenience to masses of people.

I turned to the street where the shops were and noticed how muddy the roads were. Finally, upon getting home, found out from Helen & Chris that there was a burst pipe. And all that happened while I was oblivious to it...more news...

No comments: