Friday, October 26, 2007

Only one life...


how true!

Went to "Only One Life" annual event last night. So encouraging to see all the students in London gather together and commit their year ahead to the Lord.

Learnt lots from Rico Tice's talk on Romans 1:18-25...

Why evangelism?
Romans 1: These are the reasons...Grace, Gehenna, Glory & Godliness

Grace
1) My heart is filled with God's grace
2) I long for God's grace for my friend

- Most important, our value in Lord Jesus, not in whether people reject or accept me (Romans 5:8)
- Sinner and righteous at the same time?
- How does God feel about you? Think about it. He's delighted because it's not through my own performance, but Christ's performance.
- Is that in the center of my being?
- If you knew the way God knows all about my weaknesses, you won't ever let me do his work
- Is God's grace in the center of your being?

Gehenna
Die with sin unpaid for >> go to Gehenna
Or with sin paid for >> go to the cross

- How we relate to God matters, how we relate to each other matters, how we relate to our loved ones matters, etc
- Think about non-Christian friend

(can't remember what was the last thing I'd learnt, or maybe need to relearn...)

No comments: