Wednesday, October 31, 2007

iSWOT

i=international
SWOT = Study the Word Of Truth

So iSWOT is the international student bible study at All Soul's church which happens between 3 - 4.30pm on Sun afternoons, and which is my placement for the year whilst doing Cornhill Training Course.

There are 3 leaders, 2 guys (SE from Serbia, K from London) and myself. The other members are: JT from HongKong, J from Malaysia, M from Indonesia, S from Australia, Y from Korea, S from Romania (4 girls, 2 guys). Didn't realise that we all represent 1 country each until M noticed it when I mentioned it to her. Mostly students, with 2 who just started getting into working world. Their english standard is very good. Other iSWOT groups have students with english as second language. There are alot of students coming to London to study english, which is a surprise to me, as I thought most countries teach english locally already.

It's been good as we study the book of Philippians which is packaged as "Discipleship Explored", the second series from "Christianity Explored". All 3 leaders giving feedback to each other as we understand more about leading the group to have lives/hearts changed by God's word, relying on the Holy Spirit who works in them through the Word. To love all of them, just as God loved us by sending Jesus to die for us.

I lead 2 out of 8 studies and it's been humbling as I see my weaknesses and seek to teach faithfully and clearly with His help. Not possible by myself since nothing good can come from me. The moment I pride myself and my works, I lose my reliance on God.

No comments: